The following are some of the advantages of MPLS network:
- Provide a diversified range of Secured and encrypted VPN services (MPLS Layer 3 VPNs) to meet the requirements of the entire spectrum of customers from small and medium to large business enterprises and financial institutions.
- Make the service very simple for customers to use even if they lack experienced in IP routing.
- Make the service very scalable and flexible to facilitate large-scale deployment.
- Provide a reliable and amenable service, offering SLA to customers.
- Capable of meeting a wide range of customer requirements, including security, traffic engineering (TE), quality of Service (QOS), class of service (CoS) and any-to-any connectivity.
- Capable of offering fully managed services to customers.
MPLS is a scalable tunneling architecture used for forwarding packets, based on label stacking.