APCL has the strength of providing reliable and stable connectivity to our clients and customers. Our base stations are connected with redundant links, so that if one base station becomes temporarily unavailable, others can still operate independently and provide a smooth link to the customers. Even the intercity E1 link has built-in double-layer redundancy to ensure the maximum uptime.
- MPLS Security
APCL has been planning to run MPLS network which is capable to handle up to 30,000 (upgradable) MPLS broadband users around Bangladesh. The advantages of the MPLS VPN are as follows:
- Capable of providing secure Layer 3 or Layer 2 VPNs over shared WAN/MAN.
- It can easily be used to replace dedicated circuits such as Frame Relay or ATM, reducing cost.
- Layer 3 MPLS VPN WAN service allows subscribers to migrate away from the traditional “hub-and-spoke” design, enhancing scalability.
- MPLS VPNs offer address space and routing separation, and they are resistant to attacks and label spoofing.
- In an MPLS environment, a VPN customer may perform IP-source address spoofing, but because there is a strict separation between VPNs and between the VPN with the core, this type of spoofing remains within the VPN where it originated.